Recently, I've been looking for 2 peripherals for my Home PC. They are a Wacom graphic tablet, and a WLAN USB adaptor. Not so surprisingly, considering the small number of computer shops we have in Mauritius, I was unable to find any of them in here. My solutions were restricted:

- Ask a friend from abroad to buy them and ship them back here

- Buy the parts online and have them shipped here

The second option seems to be better, however, the methods of payment are restricted. Paypal doesn't recognize Mauritius! And I am quite reticent at giving my account and card details online. So perhaps, I'll have to resort to the 1st option, and bother a poor soul to do my bidding.

This is rather unacceptable. How can we dare call ourselves a "Cyber Island" when we don't have the means to pay online (safely)? Numerous emails have been sent by many people to Paypal, with no reply. Maybe it's high time one of the leading banks decide to contact Paypal to get our country recognized. That could solve lots of problems!

I hate to say it, but as with all things, maybe it's time a letter is sent to one of our ever-so-useful politicians to get things done... Anybody interested?

1 comments:

  1. _яιVєя σƒ в|ιss_ said...

    hihi is that surprising?? if yes then plz refer to "Mauritius - Prehistoric country"  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Template Edits by Infinity.
Trademarks and copyrights belong to their respective authors