To tell you, I hate spam! Now, when I see my site (numanga.net) come under attack from spam bots, this really really annoys me. I had to bring the site down until I have time to mod it to prevent bots from registering.

The mod appears to be simple, requiring 5 mins to install. I hope that this will, once and for all, prevent bots from posting on my site. What do they post? Guess... :/

I'm really tired of seeing such posts on my site, so I'll be doing that mod ASAP.

Sorry Numanga visitors, but I had to bring it down. I hope it'll be back up soon.

Edit: I have applied a mod. It asks random questions from a pool, and any registering user must answer correctly to proceed. Let's hope it works. It took me 10 mins to implement and is called Textual Confirmation. Now I think this will keep spam bots away... Perhaps...

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Template Edits by Infinity.
Trademarks and copyrights belong to their respective authors