Yes. Apparently it is out of beta, as you can see from this Microsoft site.

For now, I do not have any details about what it does, or how stable it is, or even what's new about it. I'll research a bit when I have time, and post the results here. For now, check it out if you are curious.

Edit: I've found a Change Log for SP1. It's quite extensive, and has a number of improvements but not many new features introduced. It also seems that the anti-piracy measures implemented in Vista have been relaxed a bit according to this Washington Post article.

3 comments:

  1. Shah said...

    One of the main annoyances - I want the entire file name (incl. the extension) to be highlighted when I press F2.

    The main reason to use Vista so far (till win server 2k8 license is obtained @ my place) is IIS 7.

    As far as security stuff go - there are 3rd party apps which cater for that. The most appealing stuff about Vista (x64) though - NO AV, just a firewall. (keep it updated)

    (and WOW 3 FT works fine. brb - I now need to play DOTA. hi hi hi)

    Enjoy your day :)  

  2. Shah said...

    check this out: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343#method5

    now, it's time to harass the hardware companies for drivers. get to your emails. or you can use forked drivers.  

  3. Neelesh said...

    I need to upgrade my pc so that I can get the feel of vista.  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Template Edits by Infinity.
Trademarks and copyrights belong to their respective authors