I've always been looking for a way to hold the command prompt open when running commands from Start - Run in WinXP. I found it at last and thought I might share...

Try running "ping google.com" from Start -> Run. The command executes and the window closes immediately after, barely giving you a glance at the results. What to do?

Simply run "cmd /k ping google.com". Other things to try are "cmd /k ipconfig" or even "cmd /k netstat". Try other commands. From what I saw, every command I tried kept the window open. Nice feature!

1 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    Thanks a lot man!!!

    I've struggled with this before and finally I got it...

    regards,
    lmsb.  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Template Edits by Infinity.
Trademarks and copyrights belong to their respective authors